As reported by the organisers of the RSA 2021, ‘We have been very pleased with how the festival worked out, the level of engagement and the positive feedback we have received. Over the 2.5 weeks, we had +1,250 participants from 71 countries joining the festival. We have put together an overview with key Festival statistics at https://youtu.be/8te5iOM-xak.’ (by Lesa Reynolds)
The two sessions (co) organised by the CA2814 have been very successful!
- OPEN SPECIAL SESSION Functions and Impacts of collaborative workspaces in rural and peripheral regions and towns, co-organized by CORAL ITN and CA18214 ORGANIZERS Advikos (EL), I. Mariotti (IT), I. Capdevila (FR), P. Bednar (CZ), S. Schmidt, T. Lang (DE). Only the recording of the session ‘The Hybrid Character of Collaborative Workspaces’ Chaired by S. Schmidt is available at: https://events.rdmobile.com/Sessions/Details/1135322.
3 papers were presented in the parallel session chaired by I.Mariotti (IT) ‘The Changing Geography of Collaborative Workshops during the Pandemic and Beyond‘ and 25 people attended the session.
- Dynamics and Transformation of Location Factors and Spatial Distribution of Collaborative Spaces in Poland by Karolina Małochleb, Grzegorz Micek, Katarzyna Wojnar
- Independently Run Coworking Spaces in the Capital Cities of Central and Eastern European Countries: Changes in Behaviour Due to COVID-19 Pandemic by Grzegorz Micek, P Bednar, O Rafaj E Belvončikova, L Alfieri, K Małochleb
- Near Working and Collaborative Spaces in Peripheral Areas During the Covid-19 Pandemic by Ilaria Mariotti, Dante Di Matteo, Federica Rossi
- CLOSED SPECIAL SESSION European Cost Action Project “The Geography of New Working Spaces and the Impact on the Periphery”: findings, challenges and future perspectives, organised by CA18214 ORGANIZERS Mina Akhavan (IT), Mina Di Marino (NO), Grzegorz Micek (PL). The recording is available at: https://events.rdmobile.com/Sessions/Details/1138829.
4 papers were presented in the closed session chaired by M. Akhavan (IT), and 27 people attended the session.
- Introduction to the COST Action CA18214, what is the Knowledge gap in NWS? by Ilaria Mariotti
- Direct and Indirect Effects of New Working Spaces (NWS): How the Covid-Pandemic has changed the NWS and their Effects on Individuals and the Living (Urban vs Rural) Environment? by Mina Akhavan
- Types and Location Factors of NWS: How do they Differ between Countries and Cities and Related Peripheries? by Grzegorz Micek
- Societal and Scientific Impacts of Studies on New Working Spaces: How do we Network, Exchange Knowledge and Share Ideas with Experts, Non-experts and Stakeholders on NWS? by Mina Di Marino
All #RinR21 recordings will be available until 31st August. Other Festival sessions’ recordings can be found via https://events.rdmobile.com/Sessions/Index/13802.